I said I would announce the winner of the Word Weaver Writing Contest today!
– and I will.
I’m not sure I said what time I would do it. There were so many good entries it’s been really tough to figure out which one is the absolute best overall.
Trust me, some of the stories are just brilliant.
However, since I technically have until midnight, it will be a little longer before I announce the winners.
And this weekend I will finish up the critiques for the other entries; those will go out by email over the next seven days or so. Probably less. I’m pretty far along with that.
Now, while I have you here, I want to ask for some input.
I plan on having these writing contests a few times a year, basically quarterly, but not at Christmas or the beginning of the year because you guys are all crazy busy then and why make it worse? So only three times, but they’ll be every three months. Except for the one we don’t have at Christmas. Got it?
For the next Word Weaver Writing Contest, slated for July, what should the “theme” be?
You’ll have the whole month of July to write a few thousand words, but what about a theme???
- No theme, free-for all? Anything goes?
- Horror, like anything scary (even a trip to the dentist would count)
- fun/lighthearted – something to enjoy in the middle of summer, and maybe save horror for October?
You tell me!
Wanna be a Word Weaver Writing Contest sponsor? It’s easy – and cheap!
If you would like to be a sponsor of the next Word Weaver Writing contest, use the Contact Me button to let me know. This has been a great way to get exposure for your book, your blog, your product or service. Three MAIN Sponsors will be attached to First, Second and Third place, and I include lots of books and gift cards as prizes from sponsors of different monetary levels.
- We reach tens of thousands of people with this thing.
- EACH SPONSOR is featured in the contest announcements and newsletters, and each sponsor IS ALLOWED TO WRITE A GUEST BLOG POST explaining their book/product/whatever.
- YOU need that kind of exposure!
Plus, contests like this are a great way to help be involved with the writing community. Contact Me HERE and tell me how you’d like to help!
Let me know what future themes might grab your interest!
Let’s get it write!