Think you have the goods to be a presenter at the FWA conference?
Apply and let’s find out!
We’re looking for outstanding faculty members for the
18th Annual Florida Writers Conference
The Annual Florida Writers Conference is one of the largest conferences in the Southeast with more than 500 attendees each year. We offer over 70 workshops and panel discussions, as well as agent and editor appointments.
The 18th Annual Florida Writers Conference will be held October 17 – 20, 2019, at the Hilton in Altamonte Springs, Florida.
Faculty members should have a proven track record in the subject area they wish to present. Additionally, we’re looking for great communicators who can bring new insights and detailed information to their workshop presentations.
If your application is accepted FWA will cover the following expenses:
- Full conference registration, including meals (Complimentary registration is intended for use by that Faculty member and is not transferable.)
- Significant discount on hotel accommodations at the conference hotel for Thursday – Saturday nights of the conference weekend (Additional nights in the conference hotel are available at the discounted rate but are the responsibility of the Faculty member.)
- Discount on ads placed in our conference program. Contact us about placing an ad.
- Opportunity to sell books in our bookstore during the Conference.
- FWA only pays air transportation for Featured Faculty: agents, acquisition editors, best-selling authors and other special guests invited by the FWA Faculty Chairperson or the FWA Conference Director. Otherwise, if you are accepted to present a workshop, you are responsible for providing your transportation to and from the conference.
- As part of the Conference commitment, each accepted Faculty member is required to be available for appointments with attendees throughout the conference, which runs from 6:30 PM. Thursday, October 17 through noon on Sunday, October 20.
- Application deadline is January 31, 2019.