I listened to a podcast by New York Times Bestselling Author Taylor Stevens recently and I picked up a few D’OH items.
Like, Oh yeah, not everyone knows this…
Just a few things to know and try:
- Many readers don’t know you can give an eBook as a gift.
- If you are giving my book as a gift, let me know and I’ll send you a hand written card for that person to give with that gift from me, the author, that is customized to them.
- Librarians recommend books, so get to know them.
- Ask your readers to ask their librarians to carry the book. Librarians buy books, then lots of people can read them.
- Write a review where you bought the book.
This is a pretty good podcast – and I NEVER listen to podcasts, so if I’m recommending it, it must be good.
Actually, I recommended a podcast a few days ago to a friend but other than that, I have never recommended one EVER. Honest. You’ve never seen me do that here before, right?
Then email Taylor and ask her to do a guest blog post for us or something.
Meanwhile, check out her podcast. You’ll learn stuff.