For me, number 9 is tops!
Ever feel like you are strangling a story to death?
I feel your pain. Really I do. Sometimes I think my WIP needs to be put out of my misery.
So, let’s all avoid the paper shredder. Because there’s help by – 10 Career Killers by David McFarland Story Doctor.
Here is what I learned from reading10 Career Killers.
- Critics don’t buy books. Don’t write like a professor, write for your reader.
- Idiots don’t buy books either. Don’t dumb down your writing.
- Develop a wide range of topics. Don’t be a one-hit wonder. Don’t become bland.
- Keep up with technology. Learn to speak. Don’t let fear of the unknown stop you.
- Be thankful when fans or critics point out things that need changing. Then do it.
- Keep writing. Don’t let success kill your talent.
- Invest and save. Remember the law of gravity. What goes up must come down.
- Focus on your…
View original post 209 more words