LOOK WHAT’S COMING BACK!
A little while ago, I contacted Rachael Ritchey (friend of the blog and one of our
victims interviewees on the well-received but rarely viewed Writers Off Task With Friends internet show) about “Blog Battle.” Many of you had participated in it and found it fun; I saw it as a great way to grow a blog and make friends.
Since I knew Rachael from WOTWF and blog comments, etc., I asked what the secret was about running such a thing.
Sadly, at that time, Blog battle was on a hiatus.
BUT NO MORE.
Rachael agreed to let us know when Blog Battle would return,
and I said I’d be sure to tell all of you about it.
Today is that day. Almost.
Today, we tell you about the return; the actual return is in a few weeks. But mark your calendars.
Reinventing #BlogBattle: The Glorious Return
Share your work. Read that of other writers.
Blog Battle is coming back Tuesday, August 7th, 2018! Mark your calendar, my friend!
What is Blog Battle, you might ask? It’s a monthly writing prompt to inspire writers and entertain readers. It all started on a dare between writer friends, but it grew into so much more.
We’re a cooperative of writers, supporting each other in a worldwide community effort to inspire, grow and connect.
The goals are:
- Share your work with us on the blog
- Share the work of our participating writers on social media
- Make writer friends
- Encourage and help each other become better writers than we were yesterday
The Prompt Word is given in a new post the First Tuesday of Every Month. You then have a week before the Stories Post will go live.
- You can post a link to your story in the comments section at any time, and we’ll add it to the Stories Post.
Be sure to post your story by the 30th of the Same Month and check out the other listed stories. We add more throughout the month, so check back regularly to find new ones.
Share your input in the comments of the Stories Post to let us know your favorites!
The RULES are simple:
- 1000 words max (give or take a few)
- fictional tale (or true if you really want)
- PG-13(or less) Content – let’s keep this family friendly!
- Your story must contain the randomly chosen word(s) and/or be centered aroundthe word meaning in a way that shows it is clearly related.
- Go for the entertainment value!
- Put a link back to your #BlogBattle Short Story in the comments section
- Please tweet and otherwise share your battler buddies’ stories across social media.
- Use the hashtag #BlogBattle when tweeting all the stories so we can cross-share.
- Let us know if you have a Facebook author/writer page so we can LIKE it to stay connected.
- Have fun!
Really, the writing is fun and worthwhile, but at our core we’re a community meant to support one another.
Questions are welcome, and in the meantime, or for more info, check out: Read. Inspire. #BlogBattle’s Glorious Return
Yes, it’s coming! August 7th, 2018. Can’t wait to get connected!
Gang, be sure to check it out and report back.
We’re all about helping each other here.
And don’t forget, we’re in the final days of our writing contest!
over $400 in prizes
sponsored by Darkwater Syndicate, a Florida publusher
PRIZES! FAME! FORTUNE
(maybe; it could happen)
Don’t miss out! Click HERE for details and to enter!
Your amazing piece of writing could be the one to take the top prize and be published in in our horror anthology called “VOODOO.”