This week’s Friday Flash Fiction Challenge involves…
Dun dun dunnnn!!
Write a true story that is so ___________(insert adjective here) that no one would believe it’s true.
But it is.
It can be something that happened to you or someone you know, but you have to know it’s really real.
Personally, I think this might be really funny. But who knows.
See, I was sitting in car line the other day, again, swearing at my decision to not let my kid ride the school bus, when I remembered a funny story about a friend (okay, it was Allison) who was vacuuming and her kid walked up behind her and got clocked by the vacuum cleaner handle – and left a logo mark on his noggin. Like an H for Hoover or something. No, child abuse isn’t funny. But this was. A logo mark? Come on. That’s embarrassing and funny. Which made me realize:
We all have stories that have really happened that nobody would believe!
Here’s your chance to lay one on us.
- Did your grandma used to see the ghost train out back on the old farm?
- Did your china cabinet used to go crash in the middle of the night – but there was no damage and no one there?
- Or that time a gun went off in your face but you were completely unhurt (except for a slight ringing in the ears and a desire to go home asap)?
In 1000 words or less, dazzle us with your crazy thing that actually happened. It might be scary, it might be funny, who knows. Post your entry below or the link to it on my blog, and with a few other rules, we’ll have us a good bit of fun.
Have I asked you to buy my book yet?
The Navigators $2.99, FREE with Kindle Unlimited. Click HERE to get your copy!
Doesn’t this challenge sound fun?
- You write 1000 words more or less on the topic. Less may be more on this one.
- Post it on your blog.
- No blog? Post it below in the comments section.
- Reference us on your blog and this challenge so your regular readers don’t think you’ve started using again.
- Post the link to your story here in the comments section.
- You have until 12 noon EST, 1 week from the date of this post, to get it done. EST is Tampa Florida US of A time, for those of you who live elsewhere.
Come up with something good, but remember time flies. Be sure to get your entry in before the deadline, jamtart!
Be sure to reblog this so your readers know what you’re up to, and invite as many people to play as you want. It’s all in good fun. Probably.
Okay, get to it!
Dan Alatorre is the author of several bestsellers and the amazingly great sci fi action thriller “The Navigators.” Click HERE to get your copy of The Navigators – FREE on Kindle Unlimited!